Executive Director – Full-time Position
The Kenora and Lake of the Woods Regional Community Foundation is a charitable public foundation that enhances the quality of life in the Kenora and Lake of the Woods Region, by building endowment funds, making effective grants to local charities and by providing community leadership.
This position serves as the Executive Director of The Lake of the Woods Regional Community Foundation and reports to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is responsible for the management and organization of all Community Foundation activities. Key functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing leadership, strategic and financial direction; ensuring effective delivery of all programs, and efficient and effective use of resources
- Initiating policy recommendations, interpretation and implementation of Board policy decisions
- Actively promoting community awareness of the Foundation’s goals and objectives; broadening the level of community understanding and support of the Foundation.
- Administering an annual granting program that offers equal opportunity to all sectors of the geographical area covered by the Foundation
- Developing, coordinating and implementing plans and strategies to substantially increase the endowment funds of the Foundation
- Effectively mobilizing, organizing and supporting committee and volunteer work to meet Foundation objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist the Board in the development of a broad vision that is communicated and reinforced throughout the Foundation
- To establish Foundation priorities and allocate resources accordingly after consultation with, and approval by, the Board
- To establish business operating plans that achieve strategies as defined by the Board and after approval take all steps to ensure implementation
- To make recommendations to the Board regarding policies, organizational structure and general supervision of the Foundation
- To ensure proper financial controls are in place and the Board is provided with appropriate budgets, forecasts and financial and operating reports
- Post-secondary education or equivalent and strong academic credentials in relevant field, i.e. business management, marketing, corporate administration
- Relevant experience in the not-for-profit sector, including program management, granting and donor/funder experience
- Financial management skills and experience with preparation of financial tracking of budgets
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong written and oral communication and organizational skills are essential
- An ability to develop and maintain successful working relationships with donors, community leaders, volunteers and other charitable organizations
The salary for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Friday, January 11, 2019 to:
Kenora and Lake of the Woods Regional Community Foundation
C/o Dennis Alvestad
Kenora, ON. P9N 3X4
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Upon request, accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process.