It’s the Season of Giving
Consider a gift to the Kenora and Lake of the Woods Regional Community Foundation’s Community Fund. This giving option allows you to have the greatest amount of flexibility in your contribution. This fund is not tied to any specific charity or area of interest, allowing the Community Foundation to respond to immediate and changing needs of our community. Your gift will be placed into an endowment fund that is invested over time. Earnings are then used to make grants that address community needs and are distributed to eligible local charities. Donations $10 and greater will receive a charitable receipt.
Our Community Fund has supported many local groups including the Kenora Fellowship Centre, Women’s Place Saakaate House, Helping Hands Kenora, Northland Supportive Housing, City of Kenora Public Library, Safe Grad, and more.
Curious about what the fund has done for the community lately?
- Local children aged 4-14yrs can access summer science day camps with Science North
- Kenora area graduates have access to a safe, alcohol, and drug-free celebration event
- Diverse groups of people in Keewatin area (of all ages) can gather, visit, and connect with each other to encourage a stronger, more welcoming, and vibrant community
- Low-income families have access to food at the Minto Parent Child Resource Centre
- Those in need have access to nutritious meals on a regular basis at the Kenora Fellowship Centre
About the Kenora & Lake of the Woods Regional Community Foundation
We are the only organization within our region facilitating philanthropy, through the building of permanent endowment funds, for the benefit of local registered charities. These endowment funds will stay in your community forever.
Since 2004, the Kenora Community Foundation has granted over $2 million to over fifty different local charities and has endowment funds totalling $4.5 million.
For more information on how you can donate a lasting gift to your community, or establish a new fund, please contact our office at 467-4427 or email [email protected]
Have a happy holiday (and giving) season!