Come show your community support and help raise $10,000 in 10 hours in support of our Community Foundation Endowment Funds. Since 2004, an outstanding $2.0 million has been distributed as grants to the Kenora and Lake of the Woods Region. All donations greater than $10 will receive a charitable tax receipt.
2017 $10K/10HR Community Challenges
- Andrew Paterson, our largest donor, Director Emeritus and best ambassador will match all contributions up to $10,000, for distributions as grants to charities, at our Fall 2017 Granting Ceremony
- Our Board of Directors are challenging all other Board of Directors in the Kenora and Lake of the Woods Region , to match their $10 contribution to the general community fund, in order to receive a matching gift from donors Jim and Leney Richardson, as part of the 2017 Richardson Challenge.
- Debbie Novak is challenging all parents to make a $10 gift per child, in their honor, to the Triple Play Endowment Fund , which gives kids in need, the opportunity to participate in recreation and leisure activities in the Kenora and Lake of the Woods Region.
- The Rec Centre will be hosting a balloon pop, $2 per pop, with all sorts of prizes, with the grand prize being a gift certificate for 10 passes to the Rec Centre.
- Kenora City Hall Staff are having an internal TRIPLE B Event: they will be hosting a BBQ( first B)and bid/auction (Second B) at the Barn (Operations Building, Third B)
- Pat Alvestad is challenging all animal lovers to match her $10 donation to the Animal Welfare Endowment Fund
- Both branches of The Kenora Public Library will be helping to grow young readers by selling bedding plants for $2 each. All Funds raised will be directed to their Endowment Fund, to grow their fund and grow a reader!
All donations will be accepted on our website klwcf.ca and in person on May 26th at Copperfin Credit Union from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and the Lake of the Woods Brewing Company from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm. “89.5 The Lake” will be broadcasting live at the event and will feature the voices of our donors, grant recipients and volunteers on the impact of thirteen years of Building Forever Together. LET’S GET TOGETHER ON MAY 26TH AND MAKE THIS EVENT SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF! WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!