Board of Director Package
General Guidelines for Board of Directors of the Kenora & LOW Community Foundation
- Support the mission and goals of the Kenora and Lake of the Woods Regional Community Foundation;
- Participate in Board activities, including meetings, strategic planning and governance;
- Act as a responsible and prudent trustee;
- Act as an ambassador and advocate for the KLOWRCF specifically, and for community philanthropy in general;
- Identify and introduce the Foundation to potential funders, donors and sponsors;
- Nurture and steward positive relationships with others, including directors (past and present), staff, volunteers, donors and sponsors.
All Board members are expected to:
- Make a time commitment of approximately 10 hours per month;
- Attend 6 Board meetings and one strategic planning session per year;
- Support the work of at least one committee.
As a respected member in the community, you are knowledgeable in at least one of the following areas:
- Fund development;
- Outreach and Engagement;
- Board governance;
- Strategic thinking;
- Finance + Investment.
- Board size: Maximum of 12;
- Term: 3 years, with a maximum of 3 terms (up to 9 consecutive years).