KLWCF is Hiring a Community Engagement Coordinator
The Community Engagement Coordinator works to better engage our supporters and partners to achieve long-term and sustainable strategic outcomes, enhance our community building and increase KLWCF’s community presence, visibility and profile.
As Coordinator, your job is enhancing partnerships, supporting fundraising activities and building goodwill. Part communications manager, community liaison and fundraising associate you interface with citizens and donors to promote the work of the Foundation, increase engagement and solicit support.
You spend your days organizing events, making contacts in the community, organizing outreach and developing partnerships with complementary organizations and grantees, building rapport with donors and philanthropists, and communicating the Foundation’s activities and opportunities via newsletters, phone calls, emails, and social networks.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing communications and planning support to the various Foundation committees, projects and events
- Working with our advertising/marketing service providers to produce digital, print, and sponsorship advertisement material
- Develop & implement an annual communications action plan, with the oversight of the Director, to enhance our partnerships, donor base and community profile
- Leading the foundation’s digital marketing, including social media and mobile activities by authoring content that educates, entertains and informs our stakeholders
- Enhancing our brand image and updating/redesigning of our website.
- Maintaining a digital dialogue with our stakeholders
- Assisting with the 2020 /21 Vital Signs process
- Providing operational and communications support for each fundraising event, whether for a virtual or in person event
** The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The Person: The ideal candidate will bring a combined passion for communications and community building to the position. They will have superb written and verbal communication skills, knowledge of marketing trends and techniques and strong time-management & organizational skills. Excellent internet research skills, attention to detail and the ability to work independently and as part of a team is a must. Knowledge specific to the non-profit sector and community foundations is an asset but not required. The candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Canva, Publisher or similar programs or equipment needed for promotional and digital marketing purposes. Experience in virtual fundraising or community based events is a strong asset.
The Coordinator will have a combination of education and experience that makes them a superb fit for the potion. A degree or diploma in business, digital marketing, media arts or related discipline from an accredited university or college is a strong asset.
Terms: This is a contract position for the period May-December 2021 and may be renewed at the end of this fiscal year (Dec 31, 2021) at the discretion of the Foundation. Pay is: $28.00/hr for a maximum of 24 hrs per week. Due to Covid-19 restrictions the successful candidate will be required to work remotely as needed. Equipment will be provided as needed.
Start Date: Monday May 3, 2021 or a date mutually agreed upon.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Wednesday April 21, 2021. Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.