Donors can contribute to any of our funds with a gift of any size.
It is not the size of the gift but rather the giving that matters.
Choosing Where to Give: View our various funds
- We build endowment funds that benefit the community forever
- We are a local organization
- We are a community leader fostering positive change
- Our staff and volunteers have broad expertise about community issues and needs
- We provide personalized service for individualized giving
- Our funds help people invest in causes they care about most
- We accept a wide variety of assets
- We partner with professional advisors
- We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling resources
- We offer maximum tax advantage for gifts
Compare three approaches to giving.
Ways to Give
- Cash, cheque or credit card
- Securities (Appreciated stock, bonds, mutual funds, stock option shares)
- Life Insurance
- Appreciated Property (Real Estate, Artwork, Jewellery)
- Charitable Remainder Trust
How to Give
- ONLINE: To donate safely and securely online please click the “Donate Now” button and follow the instructions
- BY MAIL: Send a cheque to the following address:
Box 441, Kenora, ON, P9N 3X4
- CALL US or talk to your professional advisor for further giving options
“Giving of your time, talent and experience to your community is something that everyone should consider. Imagine what could be accomplished if everyone did it!
5 Ways to Get Involved With The Foundation
- Get connected and learn more: The Kenora and Lake of the Woods Community Foundation has launched a online community making it easier to connect with us. We want to keep you informed of all the great things happening in our community. Discover your community. Learn what makes it tick. What are its successes? Its strengths and challenges? Ask us how people from all walks of life are contributing to your community.
- Participate: Be part of building a more vital Kenora and Lake of the Woods Region.You can start in your own backyard, by helping us build a more vital community. Give us a minute, an hour, a day of your time. Share your ideas, your inspiration, your dreams for your community. Visit a website. Read a story. Get in touch. Or give a gift. There’s no end of ways to participate.
- Who do you know? Do you know a member of our community who has done something great and is a philanthropic leader? Tell them about us. Although we have reached great milestones in our 7 years of existence, we are still new to many. We want people to talk about us and our vision of a vibrant, strong, resilient community.
- Become a donor: We accept donations of any size and will provide a receipt for income tax purposes (Charitable Registration #872794904RR0001). We have the capacity to receive gifts of stock, life insurance and other gift types.
- Remember The Kenora and Lake of the Woods Community Foundation in your will: A bequest, often called planned or deferred giving, is a gift of cash or other real property that a person makes through their Will. Such gifts represent extraordinary foresight and generosity, outlasting a lifetime and making a tremendous difference in the world around us. At The Kenora and Lake of the Woods Community Foundation, planned gifts come in all sizes and can be directed in any number of ways that support future generations.
A properly planned gift may:
- Reduce or eliminate gift and estate taxes
- Reduce or eliminate capital gains taxes
- Provide a much larger gift to your community than you may have ever thought possible
- Generate a charitable income tax deduction
For any questions about how to get involved and make a lasting difference please contact our office at 807-467-4427